Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Daze...II?

 

 
This is day two of the big I-40 storm that crossed like from Colorado to Wrighstville beach, NC. We got six inches, which is enough to empty the shelves of any grocery store or mini-mart within miles, beer and fritos usually the first to go. My grocery cart was full of veggies for my famous soups, stews, and salads. (oh my!) Since my blog is mainly about food, wine, and friends I will start off by saying we had wonderful homemade blueberry pancakes today with warm agave syrup, spinach omelettes, and mango slices. Organic decaf coffee made an appearance too. Lunch will be ratatouille made by my daughter and I after we watch the movie for the 700 millionth time. Hopefully that counts as dinner too so I don't spend all day cooking. We'll soon head over for more sledding at Hayes and Nicole's house and then indoors for a nice fire, games, and snacks. That's about all going on here. Back to work tomorrow...

 

  

  

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK