Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BONFIRE BABIES

The farmers are right: It's gonna be another mild winter. Today was 75 and Thanksgiving is on Thursday. So with the sunshine on our backs and two chihuahua's on leash, we and our friends went hiking Saturday at Umstead State Park. The 2 mile hike was fun on the one hand, and on the other, a sad reminder of how out of shape I am again since moving back from Ecuador. Starting from the visitors center there are several loops you can take, one of which is actually paved and surrounds a nice lake. There are also horse trails for you equestrians. After the hike we went to a small brewery nearby and had some cold ones while playing cornhole. I never win! My aim stinks, but Kaitlyn gave me enough pointers that allowed me to sink one. With all of us being starved, we headed back to our house for an impromtu meal. I made chicken parm and K brought French Maid wine and garlic bread. We then called over Hayes and Nicole and built a bon-fire in the pit out back while listening to public radio's Back Porch Music. At about midnight, the boys got restless and started having a corn-stalk javelin distance throwin' contest. As I have stated many times in the past, I LOVE living in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK