Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Board games, guitars, burritos, movies, clowns, home-made French bread, thermometers, and Burmese flash-cards


The blog title basically describes my last few weeks in a nut-shell. (not in that order though) I went to a game party where I played that new really fun drawing charades game, had friends over for burritos, went to the movies with K and the girls (can’t even remember what we saw now), took my daughter to the circus when my husband was on business in Orlando, ate too much home-made French bread, and have been learning to speak Karen, an indigenous language from Burma/Myanmar to help volunteer with the many refugees living in our area. Then my daughter got the flu a few  days ago and life has stopped to take care of her. I love it. It’s the best excuse there is to stay in your pjs all day and eat organic chocolates. (“I didn’t have time to cook…”) In between all this I also managed to buy my plane tickets for Vegas, order my husband 2 pairs of shoes from Zappos.com, as well as our mummy-style sleeping bags from Wal-Mart.com which we have been sleeping in for the past two nights on top of our bed just for fun. Yep, they work! My husband is so awesome, he’s been coming home early from work each day to help me with our sick daughter so I can go to work and leave her home with him. As I type this, he’s at the new Wal-Mart down the road buying her a vaporizer, Vicks, Epson salts, more cough drops, and a stuffed panda bear thrown in for good measure. He is my man of the year and totally deserves his new shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK