Monday, March 7, 2011

MOVIE SPOILER: COUNTRY STRONG

little boys outside a movie theater circa 1930
Saturday night I went with K and Lauren W. to the $1.50 movie out of sheer boredom. But considering that the theater is filled with bed bugs, roaches, rats, and probably used condoms, they should be paying ME to attend. But, hey, I had a sitter and my husband was out of town so I wasn’t about to sit at home and dust light-bulbs. The movie, Country Strong, was not my choice to see. After watching it I can’t believe it was even the screen-writers choice. It was two miserable hours of watching post-rehab country singer Gwyneth Paltrow abuse drugs, alcohol, men, cheap mascara and ultimately herself when she commits suicide in the end. That was the only part I could relate to because at the end of the movie I wanted to kill myself too. As an actress I think Gwyneth has so much more potential, as she’s proven in one or two prior flicks. So I can’t explain why she keeps choosing such horrible roles as lead or even support. At least vary the bad with the good like Halle Berry does. At the end of the movie my two friends said they liked the movie and then asked my opinion. Peer pressure. It sucked! Who goes to see a train-wreck on girls-night-out??! “It was pretty good”, I say. FAIL!! I should have been true to myself and just said what I thought. But I didn’t want to add an ounce of negativity to the two hours worth we had just received. So  I quickly changed the subject by saying I was hungry for dessert. Dessert ended up being downtown at The Pit where not only did I eat warm carrot cake with ice-cream and caramel sauce but also French-fries with melted cheese atop a heap o’ chopped BBQ. Did I mention I’m trying to lose a bit of weight before my trip in 3 weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK