Tuesday, May 31, 2011

FAMILY REUNION AND TEST SHOTS


This weekend was Memorial Day weekend 2011. I bought a new camera and the above pictures are a few test-shots. It’s the new Canon A3300IS or something like that and you can read my review on Amazon.com. I think the camera is just ok. You be the judge.
      We had a great weekend with friends, whom some are as close as family but we haven‘t hung out in ages because everyone is so stupid busy. So it was nice to reunite with them.  Ryan and Diana were down visiting from the Baltimore area and we went to a cook-out party thrown for them. It was a trip down memory lane because many of the guests were friends my husband and I hung out with and have known for over 20 years. It was a night I didn’t want to end because I knew that afterwards I’d be snapped back into reality that it’s not 20 years ago, it’s 2011. We have kids, we have busy jobs, we have mortgages, we have debt, we have stress,  we just don’t have time…
     Anyway, by Sunday I was already on “E” as far as my sleep-tank. In the evening we headed over to other friends/family’s house for a slumber party. Again, I wanted to stop time. They have a screened-in porch with cozy rocking chairs, a ceiling fan, and a cooler full of ice-cold beers. Between drinking on that porch and lounging at their neighborhood pool, we didn’t do much else and that was the way it was supposed to be.
       Oh yeah, and we ate a lot this weekend! Bacon, beer, brats, biscuits… DANG YOU, Trader Joe’s B-word foods!!!! I gained no less than five more pounds over the weekend. I really need to just start hanging out with friends who do nothing but go to the gym and encourage me to work out too. Wait, I have those friends but the intervention failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK