Tuesday, May 10, 2011

LIVING LIKE A BOSS IN THE JUNGLE

So I'm planning a return trip to Ecuador in mid-July and I'm thinking about visiting the jungle town of Tena in the Napo region. I was thinking at first I would just book a cheap hostel in town, but then thought, "Hey, I'm in the jungle, I should spend a few extra bucks and stay in a jungle lodge." (For some reason I'm always talking myself into spending more money.) So I've been getting on Google, Lonelyplanet .com, and tripadvisor.com trying to find a budget jungle hut that I can wyle-out in for 5 nights or so. I found your average, run-of-the mill lodges basically all the same: thatched roofs, hammocks for a bed, mosquito netting, no AC, jungle breakfast included in the price brought to you on a wooden tray by a spider monkey in a little red tuxedo... *yawn* Then I stumbled onto this: http://www.hamadryade-lodge.com/ 
First of all, who knew this kind of luxury could exist in the RAIN FOREST of all places??!! 
Second of all, how can the owners/guests throw such Donald Trump-like luxury in the faces of the natives who live on less than a dollar a day and eat ants??
And thirdly... Can I borrow a couple hundred bucks? I mean, it does include breakfast.

EDIT: Although I am amazed in a drool/trance way when I view this website, it does not compare to the work of the web developing master and my friend Christina R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK