Monday, July 25, 2011

MALL DEL RIO

8am: breakfast was fruit salad, pastry, coffee, juice
9am: on the bus headed to the Cuenca bus terminal with Joe and Christina. I get to hold a random baby the entire ride.
10am: catch a city bus to go to the Mall del Rio
11am: I order a burger and fries from TropiBurger because for some odd reason I miss American hamburgers. Note to self: TropiBurger is not American. Ick.
12noon: We eat at a fancy restaurant in the mall called Crete. I just order locro de papas soup
1-4pm: We shop mainly in a store called Coral which is like a mini Wal-Mart. The clothing shops are higher than European prices. I buy shampoo and mousse. 
4pm: take a 45 minute city bus to the main terminal in Cuenca
5pm: take the main bus back to Gualaceo
5:30pm: I eat dinner by myself at El Paso because Joe and Chris aren't hungry. Grilled chicken, rice, beans, patacones, side salad =$2
6pm: I take a taxi to get myself some ice-cream
7pm: wearing pjs and slippers, sipping on Valerian tea

Question of the day: How can I do so little and be so tired?? Must be the altitude, the rain, and the cold weather. Wednesday we leave for the coast and I can't WAIT to see some sunshine again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK