Friday, February 5, 2010

GO COLTS!!!

Today is a freezing cold rainy day--another day to be thankful that I am alive and not in Haiti. A few weeks have passed now since the earthquake. I'm still trying to follow the progress there, as I have a handful of friends there and I have visited the island three times. One of my friends has had contact with us and said that our friends are being well cared for as far as the basic neccesities and not to worry. The spirit of those people is amazing. 
   Last night I worked the late shift at work and had to pre-cook dinner for my family in my absence. I just made a simple stir-fry with cubed tofu. I ran out of my Trader Joe's Soyaki sauce, so I used the gyoza sauce instead and it turned out fine. This blog should show you that Wolfgang Puck I am not. I'm just a regular mom, a wife, an employee, and a girl with a heckuva full life and I love it. Tonight we have a dinner party at Karen's house. I love going over there to see her cute daughter (one of my daughter's best freinds), her cute dachshund puppy named Toby (who is my chihuahua's best pup), her gorgeous home to get decorating ideas, and talking with her husband Gabe who is the master decorator and wine conneseur of the house. I ran out of time to cook anything to bring, so I just bought a TJ's cranberry and walnut tart. I'm sure they will cook us up some wonderful meal complete with the perfect wines and hot coffee, so I'll blog about it soon. Tomorrow morning is tax day. Woot. Gotta get that refund for my Madrid trip. Tomorrow night is the karaoke event and I need to warm up my vocal chords. Then Sunday is the super bowl party at the Reeser's home, which I intend to just eat and watch the commercials like always. My man is from Indpls, so I gotta shout-out "GO COLTS!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK