Monday, January 3, 2011

DAY TWO 2011



10:30 am still found all three of us sleeping under the covers repairing our brains and bodies from the night before. But, alas, an irritable beep awoke us. It was a text.
Nicole: Hayes and I are on the way to Mimi’s for brunch. If ya’ll are awake meet us there.
Me: Nope. Not awake.
An hour later I wiped the drool off my face and turned to my husband.
“Let’s go to brunch”.
So we headed downtown to the best brunch location in the world, Capital Club 16, where they know us so well they even know our daughter’s stuffed animals by name. The joint was hopping, the coffee was hot, and the Farmer’s Breakfast was amazing as usual. The owner, Jake Wolf, even threw in some extra strawberries on my side-salad. Afterwards we went to the history museum around the corner. We could have stayed there all day, but had to be at Saint Augustine college by three where my grandparents were to receive an award, so we cut it short at the museum. My whole family went to see the award ceremony, which took place in the gym at half-time of the women’s basketball game. My grandparents are in their 80s, yet cook and deliver food for Meals on Wheels, meals for battered women’s shelters, and collect and donate clothing for the homeless. They are involved in way more community activities than I could ever spare time for and I’m very proud of them. After the basketball game we drove to my parents and ate dinner together. It was just taco salad but of course my mom made it into AMAZING TACO SALAD with her own homemade mango salsa which put Paul Newman’s to shame. Being the nerds we all are, we sat around the dinner table playing a made-up version of Trivial Pursuit for the next four hours. And that’s how we ended the second day of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK