Tuesday, January 18, 2011

NEW SHOES AND WESTERN VIEWS

It’s the middle of January. It’s cold, it’s wet, it’s…January. Time to be done with winter and skip to spaghetti straps and backyard BBQs. I haven’t been on an official vacation (meaning, it will take a plane to get there) since Spain in March of 2010 and I’m getting antsy. My husband and I are planning a couples vacation with J&K and I’m excited, but it’s still 11 weeks away. (But who’s counting?) We’re doing a 12-day hiking, biking, kayaking, camping, anything-outdoors excursion around Nevada and Arizona. It’ll be my first time doing anything like that and I’ve been YouTubing a lot of Motion’s Greg Aiello to get me prepared. If it has a trail, he’s hiked it. If it has stars above it, he’s camped it. Today my Merrell hiking boots were delivered via Zappos.com. I was thrilled to stand on the tiled kitchen floor cooking tilapia, breaking-in my first pair of hiking boots I’ve ever owned. A good pair of boots are by no means cheap and I’ve never hiked enough in my life to warrant buying a pair. Phone text, me to my husband:
Me: I just got my boots!!
Him: They feel good?
Me: Feels like a pillow on an angel wing!
I also bought a pair of eco-friendly Simples for walking back and forth (and back and forth again) to all the yummy diners along Route 66 which we’re driving Kingman to Seligman. I’m really getting into this “surf, click, buy” thing when it comes to online shopping. By the time our vacation rolls around we’ll have purchased the entire thing online: the plane tickets, hotels, campground reservations, camping gear, and Elvis mp3s for the drive back to Vegas. Now if I could only figure out how to buy more time off of work…

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK