Monday, February 28, 2011

TRIP COUNTDOWN, LEAVING APRIL 1st

Just over four weeks now until our vacation out West. In honor of the countown we watched How The West Was Won this past Saturday night. It's on my list of alltime-fave movies now. Our weekends seem more about preparing for the trip than just hanging out downtown. Here’s the rundown of what we did: Friday night we went over to Eric & Courtney’s place with some other (family-oriented) friends to watch MegaMind. It got a few chuckles out of me, but it was no Toy Story 3. Nor did it make me ball my eyes out like UP. Saturday was spent shopping for the trip at the outlet stores off I-95 looking for sunglasses for my husband. He didn’t find what he was looking for, but we got some AMAZING deals on  apparel and hiking socks at the Merrell store. As far as shoes though, he’s still a Keen fan. Sunday (at 83 degrees in February!) ended with friends over our home stuffing our faces with a Trader Joe’s snack arrangement (including the ice-cream cookies!!) and rooting for our favorite teams on the Amazing Race. (which really isn’t that amazing this season with repeat teams) So there you have it- how our pre-trip days are being spent. This week, as I mentioned in the previous blog, will be spent taking the CAT test. My husband leaves Thursday for his ManCation to Atlantic Beach. Girls night weekend out, coming up!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK