Thursday, February 17, 2011

WHAT OLD MEANS TO ME

In lieu of my turning another year older this week, I've decided to compose a list of what it means to be me at this age. I think I'm now really starting to "get old" because:
1. I would now never dream of wearing panties so tiny you can't tell the back from the front.
2. I spend way too much time on virtual make-over websites inserting my face on B-list celebrity hairstyles. (see above pic)
3. I hear myself telling my daughter "Because I said so" every time she speaks to me. 
4. I would rather sit on my butt and shop online than go to the mall.
5. I look way more forward to Sunday mornings than Friday nights.
6. I wear my old glasses a lot more simply because it takes too much effort to put on my contacts.
7. Brushing my hair to run to the store is no longer mandatory; a baseball cap will suffice.
8. I rush home from work so I don't miss any of the World News with Diane Sawyer.
9.The name-brand of my jeans is less important than the stretch-mark coverage it gives me around the waist if I were to bend over.
10. I love NPR, hanging out in book shops, and most recently, watching Wheel of Fortune.
11. I just entered our names online to be contestants on several game shows.
12. Age 40  no longer seems old to me. If my husband died I would have no problem dating a 40yr. old.
13. I can name all of Erica Caine's former husbands.
14. Either 99% of all pop music sucks, or it's just me being an old prude.
15. I actually don't mind if someone calls me "ma'am". 
16. I have less holding me back when it comes to telling people what's really on my mind. And I couldn't care less if you like me or not.
17. Money means less to me; Life experiences mean more.
18. I'm no longer wondering what it will be like when I'm in my 30s and my metabolism slows down. Now I'm praying it won't shut down altogether.
19. I have to be reminded of things more often.
20. I now know that speeding can actually result in getting a ticket and I will gladly let other (younger) drivers pass me on the road to avoid getting one.

And finally, 
21. I'm already compiling my mid-life crisis list.


1 comment:

BLOG BANK