Monday, October 17, 2011

GORAN BREGOVIC AND HIS WEDDING AND FUNERAL ORCHESTRA

A friend of a friend was able to get us tickets for a concert last night that was to be held at the Page auditorium at Duke University. I had never heard of the band, but how could we pass up free concert tickets? Plus, I reasoned, when will be the next time I go to a concert in the Amazon? So we jumped at the chance to go and were dressed and out the door by 7:15pm. The band leader was a guy from Serbia and his band represented the Balkan countries/eastern Europe. Apparently, he is the Micheal Jackson of Europe. I knew I was in for a treat when he stepped onto the stage in a white silk suit and electric blue patent leather shoes. The concert was THE most fun I've had at a concert in my life. I've included a video of one of the songs we danced to, but you must Youtube more of him to get a better feel for his genre. And you thought going to see Jimmy Buffet was a fun time.

Anyway, we had an awesome time, danced till we got overheated and sweaty, and came home and celebrated the evening with a cold glass of ouzo. (which I realized after the first sip, I hate.) I'm going to miss CULTURE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK