Thursday, October 20, 2011

11.5 DAYS LEFT

Right now I'm sitting here at my job, one of two, resenting all the hours I've been putting in to make extra money. My body is also revolting; I'm a ball of headaches and tummy upsets and I assume it will stay this way until we land in Quito, Ecuador. "Not this Tuesday, but next Tuesday" is what I told my parents last night when we went to visit them. We went over there to drop off some clothes for my mom to mend before we leave. When I sat on my mom's leather couch, drank hot orange spiced tea and watched PBS Nature, my headache lessened a bit. There won't be any leather couches or PBS where we're headed.

Tomorrow is actually my last day here at this job. No more driving 40 minutes on I-540E praying I don't get a ticket or run over by the ones who should. I've been working here for 14 months and won't shed a tear as I grab my last check and put the pedal to the medal. Though the money has been great, I can't imagine working 40 hours a week for my entire adult life. And no matter how much money you make, somehow you're still just living paycheck to paycheck anyways, so...vamos. Next week I just have to work my 20 hours teaching English and that will seem like a cake walk. To this day, I have no idea what a cake walk is but now I'll have time to Google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK