Friday, October 21, 2011

YOUNG HOUSE LOVE

So we're moving to the jungle in 10.5 days and I'm already day-dreaming about how I'm going to decorate our new digs. I'm envisioning parrot-themed wallpaper and snake-skin lampshades. Ok, maybe not, but I do LOVE to decorate and our new home will prove quite the decorating challenge, to my delight.

I've been following the decorating blog of John and Sherry Petersik, called Young House Love, for about five years now. Yes, it's just a blog and it's just about decorating, but the way they blog, and the pictures they post and the mistakes they actually admit to make me quite attached to these people whom I feel I could go get drinks with--- as long as they get a babysitter for their cute baby girl, Clara and their Chi, Burger. See! I told you I'm friends with them!

Now, the things they accomplish on their own home is amazing. I mean, who actually owns a drywall saw besides them? Then add to the fact that we will never own our own place in Ecuador, so we're a bit limited to how we can transform our jungle rental. But ideas of decorating with jungle seeds, river rocks, and tree branches has me all giggly and excited. Am I weird?

Well, anyway, check out their blog if you feel the need to become inspired and redecorate your own retreat. I'll let you know what me and the monkeys come up with for window treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK