Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LOST in the Rain


Two things: it’s raining and tonight is the premier of season 6 of “LOST”. Neither have anything to do with the other, but I’m just setting the scene. So it’s cloudy, cold, and raining on top of the slushy mess left over from this weekend’s big “I-40” storm. Are you picturing this? Ok, now imagine that tonight we will be watching “LOST” with a big group of  friends and I’m supposed to bring a snack. Do you see how my life intertwines with food almost every waking moment? I love it. So what to bring? Well, the show doesn’t start until 8pm so a huge pot of vegetarian chili just seems  inappropriate. I also don’t have the desire to go out to Trader Joe’s in this icky weather and drum up some wildly fantastic recipe. So what can I make from ingredients I have on hand and fit’s the occasion? Popcorn. Holla! I don‘t believe in infusing my recipes with radiation, so I do not own a microwave.  I cook up my own kettle corn in a huge pot (lid on) with a few table spoons of vegetable oil and about 1/3 c. fresh kernels I buy by the pound from Whole Foods. Season with sea salt or not. This Saturday we are going to a karaoke party. Holla! This will be a gathering of about 25 people in our friend’s neighborhood clubhouse. Lots of food. Lots of wine. Lots of off-tuneness. Looking very forward to it. Recipe for that event? Not sure yet, but as I have been a vegetarian for a whole two months now it’s sure to be something with veggies in, near, or around it. Maybe even hovering above. Ok, my other friend Nicole (Nicole #1) called me just now to see if I want to meet up with her daughter at the library. Sweet. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK