Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sir Walter Wally

Really!?!? The whole nation is counting on some beaver/slash/weasel to inform us as to the upcoming warming trend?! Well, our local groundhog Sir Walter Wally is not the boss of me. Tomorrow will be 42 degrees. I just may wear a bathing suit cover-up with flip-flops. So what. On to dinner: I have been craving quiche. As in dreaming of it. Yesterday I begin to prepare it and then realized I didn’t have all the ingredients. I could have punched a stranger and gone to jail. So today, since I wasn’t in jail, I picked up the goods I needed to finish the job. I have some left over roasted potatoes and  a salad to serve it with and “Red Truck” wine. My recipe for the vegetarian quiche includes broccoli, red bell pepper, onions, and a mozzarella and cheddar blend. I always sautee my veggies before pouring it into the shell, but I assume you can also put it in raw and the liquid will bake it. Buen provecho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK