Tuesday, March 29, 2011

COUNTDOWN FROM TUESDAY

Preparing for a big trip has proved to be a bit overwhelming for me. Yes, I did accomplish most of what I set out to do yesterday as outlined in the previous blog but it left me overtired, stressed, cranky, and too physically drained to cook dinner. I don't like feeling that way, (albiet the last part got me a dinner out at a new Peruvian restaurant in midtown) and today I woke up very uninspired to accomplish much other than level 13-7 of Angry Birds on my droid while my husband and kid plus the dogs looked at me pitifully as they whined for breakfast. (Puuhleeease! Fix  it yourself!!!)
    About four hours later and still in my Hello Kitty pjs hugging a big mug of coffee, I finally packed my daughter's suitcase which in itself weighs enough to have sunk the Titanic without any help of an iceburg. Half of it is clothes; the rest is all the toys she feels like she can't breath without including her Pillow Pet. (why didn't I invent that?!?) 
    I also mananged to do one load of laundry and confirm with my neighbor that he will indeed cut our grass for us when we are away. He owns a small lawn-care company and he litterally said to my face that we keep our "bushes so high it must be impossible to see out of the windows". (Screw you, dude. Just take the 40 bucks and cut our grass with your mouth shut.)
     Anyhoo, that's about all I got done today and I feel very very ashamed. I still have two more suitcases and a backpack to pack; mainly the rest of our camping gear. I have higher hopes for myself tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm gonna daydream about this link I found that I hope to devour in person this time next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK