Wednesday, March 30, 2011

COUNTDOWN WEDNESDAY


Sorry guys, I'm not in any better mood than yesterday. (De hecho, poquito peor!)
   In fact, add allergies to the mix and I'm probably in what you would describe as a worse mood. I can't even breath, for goodness sake! Oh yeah, and my lawn guy couldn't come today due to the fact it's rained for 15 hours straight. I think I saw Noah Jr. out there building ARK II.
   Also I'm fuming on about 5 hours of sleep. I stayed up past midnight doing the pretrip mani-pedi-facial thing, all while exercising on my trampoline so I can get that ShakeWeight body. Then at about 2a.m. my laptop starts beeping like the battery was dying. So I jumped out of bed to shut it down, only...it wasn't on and it never beeped again. SO STRANGE!
    Then a couple hours later our daughter comes crying and crawling into our bed claiming she had a nightmare about rats and the only safe spot was in our bed between my husband and I. (drama queen) Of course by 7 it was time to get up, get the puppies fed, and get back on the trampoline. (I'm bound and determined not to be the straggler on the trails at Grand Canyon!) By 9 we were braving the rains to cash a $12 check at Wachovia. (I inadverdantly jumped a lady in line while she set her dripping umbrella by the door. I still feel bad about that...) Then it was off to Trader Joe's for a couple of  items (my old boss rang me out) and the Vitamin Shoppe for the hard stuff. Back at home, my grass was a few feet taller than when I left and empty suitcases beckoned me to pack them. Anyone see a theme here? I love going on vacation, (who doesn't?) but I absolutely HATE getting ready for one!! You know that song by Beyonce, "If I were a Boy"? I'd like to add a few lines to that:

If I were a boy
I'd be packed by now
I'd throw a beater-T in a backpack
And grab my only pair of jeans and I'd go,
I'd go...
If I were a boy
I'd make my wife do the rest
Who cares about the tall grass
She'll pack my underwear if I ask
Or I'll wear none at all and noone would know,
Would know...
   
 I have a friend named Casey and she would love to add about 100 more verses to this because that's her hobby. 
   I talked to my mom at noon. When I told her we had changed resevations from the Springhill Suites in Phoenix to the  Best Western Sundial Resort in Old Town Scottsdale she all but cussed me and demanded to know why I wasn't taking her. She was en route to the Senior Center to do her taxes. ( "Um, maybe that's why I'm not taking you mom...you senior, you.") I tricked her pretty good and told her we'd do a mother/daughter trip maybe at the end of this year.
   I'd like to end this blog entry by telling you that I'm staying home tonight and FINALLY finishing up everyone's packing but, alas, my husband got us free tickets to the hockey game tonight so I won't be getting home until at least 11. Does anyone have any suggestions for me as how to lessen my stress factor by at least 100%? Is there a packing app that I just haven't discovered yet? HELP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG BANK